138 results found for "netherlands"
- WWII veteran receives Dutch Liberation Medal
Walter Knight, 96, from Coventry, served in the Netherlands with the 2nd Battalion Seaforth Highlanders Each May, we take a group of WWII veterans back to the Netherlands to mark the Dutch liberation and it Lieutenant Colonel Rob Arts said: “After 77 years, the people of the Netherlands still daily celebrate When asked for memories of his time in the Netherlands ,Walter said: “When we first got to Holland, two to those men and women who contributed to the liberation of the Netherlands during WWII.
- Chairman's Blog: A big thank you to the Mayor of the Municipality of Renkum
committee members, drivers and other volunteers, who each year help us bring our WWII veterans to the Netherlands ceases to amaze me and it has been so sad that it has not been possible to bring the veterans to the Netherlands We look forward to the return of better days and hope to return to the Netherlands in 2022 - proudly
- Video: The heroes of Operation Market Garden - A message to the Netherlands
As the Taxi Charity was unable to take veterans to the Netherlands to attend this year's Battle of Arnhem
- Renkum has an answer to the veterans, renkum.nieuws.nl
Renkum, The Netherlands – The video with the message from the veterans in which they stated that they much prefer to be in the Netherlands with their friends, made a great impression.
- WWII veteran Harry Bailey, master of the collection bucket, dies aged 99
Frans Ammerlaan, who helps to coordinate the charity trips to the Netherlands, recalls: "If Harry could We welcomed Harry many times to the Netherlands and I will never forget the moment he rattled the collection
- Chairman's Blog: A final goodbye to my old taxi
shared many memorable times together with the Taxi Charity, beginning with a trip in May 2014 to the Netherlands
- The Taxi Charity reflects on the past 12 months
The Taxi Charity was with a group of veterans in Oosterbeek in the Netherlands in March 2020 for the Dick Goodwin, vice president, Taxi Charity, said: "When we said our farewells to our friends in the Netherlands to mark D-Day in Normandy in June and to mark the Dutch Liberation and the Battle of Arnhem in the Netherlands involved in Operation Market Garden, died three weeks after returning home from our shortened trip to the Netherlands
- Taxi Charity receives Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service
The charity arranges free trips to the Netherlands, Belgium, and France, for acts of commemoration and
- Cabbie Claire Zazzara talks to TAXI!
Hopefully, next year we will be able to take these wonderful veterans back to France and the Netherlands
- Veterans to attend D-Day landings memorial service at the National Memorial Arboretum, TAXI
outbreak of the pandemic required the Taxi Charity to return early from an event with WWII veterans in The Netherlands
- 100-year-old WWII veteran John Sleep has passed away
Norfolks and took part in the fighting at Overloon and Venray in October 1944 in the south-east of the Netherlands John went on trips with the Taxi Charity to the Netherlands with other WWII veterans to remember those
- London cabbies to attempt Three Peaks Challenge
The charity arranges free trips to the Netherlands, Belgium and France, and days out to museums, concerts
- A message of thanks from veteran collector, Tom Weatherall
charity and have been taken to commemoration services, both here as well as Belgium, Normandy and the Netherlands
- 100-year-old WWII veteran, Eric Taylor BEM, has passed away
70th anniversary and joined the Taxi Charity on our 2012 trip to commemorate the liberation of the Netherlands
- Chairman's Blog: 2020 Review and Special Thanks
We also received many hundreds of greeting cards and goodwill messages from the Netherlands and Normandy 5 Mar: Veterans Lunch, North Cheam Sports and Social Club 11 - 15 Mar: Airborne Museum, Oosterbeek, Netherlands Underground station collections (CANCELLED) April 15 Apr: Wellington Barracks (CANCELLED) May 2 - 6 May: Netherlands
- 101-year-old former Queen’s Bargemaster recalls joking with duke
He saw out the war in Europe working on the engineering of water crossings in the Netherlands.
- WWII veteran John Sleep celebrates his 100th birthday
Norfolks and took part in the fighting at Overloon and Venray in October 1944 in the south-east of the Netherlands
- In conversation with London cabbie Graham Pike, TAXI
Our annual trips to the Netherlands and Normandy for veterans to pay their respects to those who didn
- In conversation with WWII veteran, Harry Rawlins
I’ve visited the Netherlands with the charity on three occasions, as well as attending several events Charity has changed my life and kept me going and I certainly hope we will be able to return to the Netherlands
- The Taxi Charity will be delivering a little festive cheer to veterans this Christmas
With all the usual Taxi Charity events, including the visits to Normandy, the Netherlands and Worthing well as Christmas cards from the Taxi Charity, the veterans also receive cards from families in the Netherlands